MONTHLY TABS

Monday, May 28, 2018

THE EASIEST CLASS AT SHS?!?! (NOT CLICKBAIT)

This will be an in depth guide on how to get an above average grade in this class with minimal time put in at home (As long as you have lab or a class you don't do much in)
This class is what many may say is the hardest class at shs, and everyone who says that is dead wrong! If you can understand the simple concept of time management, and you don't listen to those kids who kill themselves over getting anything less than a 97, then the class isn't all too difficult. If you literally do not want any stress or anything, you can do everything for the class during lab, which I would recommend taking second semester, but either semester works. The first two quarters, my average was around 93, and the only homework I actually had to do at home was an essay, which took no more than an hour outside of lab. Trust me, you can get so much done at lab, for the first semester I don't think I had any homework, other than that one essay, and maybe some chem. (You can also correct your quizzes in lab, which is another huge time saver) If you play sports, then what you really should do when you have to read 30 pages is to just split it up 7 pages over 4 days. (Trust me, doing all of that in one day takes 5 times longer because you just sit there thinking about how you still have 26 pages left) The realest thing you must understand about this class is that you should not stress over these quizzes. I'm pretty sure my average on them was about 65 or so, but my average was still like 90 overall. As long as you don't get a 19 on them you should be fine.

For me personally, my favorite part of this class was learning about some of the things which made World war II so powerful in terms of politics, and which basically led to the Cold War. However, that was also my biggest gripe with the class, is that we didn't really learn about any of the battles of WWII, which is the coolest part of the war. (The only two battles which were name dropped in the book were the Battle of the Ardennes, and El Alemein) The one thing I would change about this class is that we spent like 4 months on stuff that all happened 400 years ago, but like two weeks on stuff that was more recent. I don't know much about what these AP people tell you the test is like, but I just wish I could learn more about WWI, WWII, and maybe even the Gulf War, even if it's not as big on the exam. Overall, this class was pretty good, even though in general I don't like this type of history, and if you're the kid signing up for Euro, you should be fine, I wouldn't stress too much.

No comments: