MONTHLY TABS

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

How To: Survive AP Euro

 AP Euro was one of the most interesting and informative classes that I have taken all throughout high school. Any class is ten times better when the teacher enjoys and cares about their job and you can really tell that Mrs. Salisbury does. One of my favorite aspects of the class were the creative activities that we did to help us remember certain events (30 years war and industrial revolution). They really did helped me get a better understanding of the topics and something that I could easily remember.

Although it was always worth it, the amount of time spent at home reading and taking notes to understand a topic before class was not my favorite. However, this did help prepare me for situations where I'm not going to be spoon fed information and actually have to read something for myself. My biggest piece of advice going into this class would be to read and take handwritten notes on everything. It will help you remember so studying is easier and also makes reading checks much easier. Along with that, always make sure to plan ahead based off of the schedule so that you can take your time on assignments instead of cramming right before it is due.

One way that I could see making the class better would to have more days to cover more complicated topics during class. I know that this is very hard to do however, because of the time constraints placed of the class because of the AP exam.




No comments: