MONTHLY TABS

Monday, May 28, 2018

AP Euro was lightwork

Jake Gausland
1. I enjoyed the majority of things that we did in this class throughout the year. I liked all the good laughs we had as we all tried to hide our pain. I liked the way that Mrs. Salisbury taught the class and presented the information, she could have easily just lectured the whole year and give us essay after essay but no she did not do that. She made the class much for enjoyable by presenting topics in different ways like that time she fed us during class, yeah thats right she gave us swedish fish, pudding, and something else I cannot remember. I liked the little classwork we did that hid all my bad quizzes, thank you!
2. I disliked the whole working part of AP Euro which is basically the whole class and year. I just do not like reading and there is a lot of reading so thats what I disliked the most but everything besides the work was great. The number one thing I disliked the most was the ruler project that we do in October, I am sorry but that was the most painful thing I have ever experienced. If someone is reading this from next years class please do not wait until the last day to do that project.
3. The one suggestion I have is that maybe Mrs. Salisbury can add more straight recall questions from the reading just to reward us for reading because sometimes I would read the whole chapter and take notes and still fail miserably, those are depressing times.  
4. Okay so here is the part that everyone reads but never actually follows through with what I am about to say, I know because I was in your shoes about a year ago reading these blogs and saying how I will take past students advice. My advice is do not put too much pressure on yourselves and do not stress. There is no need to stress about a chapter reading that is due in a week, either read little by little or deal with reading a whole chapter in one night, whatever you choose is on you. The more you stress about little things the more you panic and panicking is no good. Also, do yourself a favor and put your phone away when you are reading or doing homework, you will be amazed on how fast you can actually get work done. One last thing, develop your own style, whether this is taking no notes or 10 pages of notes, everybody has their own way of doing work/ studying and my recommendation is find what works with you and roll with it. I hope you take my advice and good luck to you guys.

No comments: