MONTHLY TABS

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

AP Losing Your Sanity

This class has been one of my favorite classes that I’ve had. Although I am someone who loves history and is fascinated by how times change. I was taught how to manage my time which was something that I constantly struggled with. The reading checks were an absolute pain in the butt, but they did force me to keep up with the readings and take helpful notes. To improve the class, I think going over the material from the readings prior to the quizzes would be helpful. I had a hard time grasping the material and I think even a twenty minute discussion would be helpful.
Note-Following these tips will make this extremely difficult class not as horrible as my title makes it sound. Mrs. Salisbury does a wonderful job on keeping the students on task and provides her students resources to reach their full potential.
  • Always do the reading. The reading checks are very difficult if you take it without knowing the content of the time period. Making sure the notes that you take are descent will also help because they help you study for the overall goal of passing the AP exam at the end of the year.
  • Make sure to pay attention in class. The discussion that we had in class were very helpful and prepared me for every test.
  • Speaking about test, STUDY. It sounds like a give but you are tested on a time period and have to know information for multiple countries. By only studying for a short amount of time, you will not retain all the information (unless you are a genius, then ignore this tip).
  • Procrastination is not your friend. By putting off the work you are setting yourself up of a night of tears, coffee and forty pages of notes at 1:00 in the morning (true story, do not recommend).

No comments: