MONTHLY TABS

Thursday, May 23, 2019

Charlotte - Final Blog

AP Euro is a difficult class, but if you take the time to do your work, it is much more manageable. While there is a lot of content to learn before the exam, the class is fun. I liked all the class activities that we did instead of lectures, which helps me learn better. I also enjoyed most of the content we learned, as I was not very familiar with European history. The one thing that I didn't like was all the reading that had to be done because I don't learn best that way. And although those readings were associated with reading checks, I did like how we normally did an activity to reinforce the material on the selected reading. One survival tip is to definitely try and time manage during the readings. I know everyone procrastinates, which is fine when you have a 15 page reading, but not when a whole chapter is due. I think to improve the class, is to focus more on how to answer the multiple choice questions because even though we had reading checks, I felt that most of the time I could narrow it down to the two best choices, but would end up choosing the wrong one. (also maybe go through the different formatted questions on the exam) There were also a lot of visuals on the multiple choice questions on the exam, that I felt we didn't do enough of those questions on reading checks. Another piece of advice I have is to always correct any of the reading checks that Mrs. Salisbury lets you. You learn why you chose the wrong answer, and it also helps your grade. You are not going to get 90s on all of your reading checks, but that is completely normal, you're not supposed to! This is why you should take advantage of the ability to correct them though! You also don't want to stress over the work that is due. Mrs. Salisbury gives you enough times, and makes the assignments manageable, as she knows we are only high school students. While you shouldn't stress over the work, you do actually need to put in effort into all the assignments. You need to put in the work at home, everything is not about class time, buying a review book for the exam can help you review the topics for the reading checks, and then to get recaps when studying for the exam. If you're ever confused, just ask Mrs. Salisbury, she is always there to help you out. Most importantly, have fun, not everything is about the grade.

No comments: